41st LEAF Festival – Official Press Invitation
We hereby invite representatives of the media to cover the 41st LEAF Festival, which will be held at the majestic Lake Eden from October 15th to 18th, 2015 (Thursday to Sunday).
FESTIVAL DETAILS & OVERVIEW
For the 4th consecutive year, LEAF Festival has been voted as the #1 Music Festival; #1 Festival for Camping; #1 Festival for Kids; and the #3 Outdoor Fair Event for Selling Arts/Crafts (Mountain Xpress’ Best of WNC, 2015) and this Fall is not one to miss! At the 41st LEAF Festival, we are preparing to celebrate the art, spirit, and amazing traditions of one of the greatest cities in America – New Orleans! In addition to performances by Aaron Neville (4x Grammy award winner); Preservation Hall Jazz Band; Dumpstaphunk; Rebirth Brass Band; Rising Appalachia and others, participants will experience a weekend packed with Mardi Gras Indian traditions and all the sites, sounds, and smells of The Big Easy.
PRESS INVITATION & REQUIREMENTS
In order to help tell the story of this event, we invite local, regional and national media representatives to generate editorial and press content for the LEAF Festival. Due to limitation of space and tickets for the event, priority for official press designation is given to the following (articles must be accurate/fact checked and no less than 500 words):
- Media representatives that publish press articles and submit link to LEAF pre-event.
- Media representatives that publish press articles post-event & submit link w/in 48 hrs of event.
- Media representatives that cover LEAF Festival as well as LEAF School & Streets’ Visiting Teaching Artist residencies the week prior to the event (performers work in local schools).
In exchange for services, press representatives will receive (2) passes for Weekend, Friday or Sunday. Only one representative per media outlet can reserve press designation. Press representatives with day passes should enter the grounds by 4:30 p.m. on Friday and/or 9.30 a.m. on Sunday.
NEXT STEPS TO CONFIRM PARTICIPATION
- Please RSVP by no later than Friday, September 25th with your plans using the contact info below. This will put a soft hold on your tickets, which will be released after application submission and review.
- Submit application for official press designation below.
- Following receipt of your application, you will receive an e-mail from the LEAF Communications Director to review your plans of coverage and date by which you will receive your tickets.
IN THE MESSAGE BOX BELOW, PLEASE RESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING.
- The name of the publication/media outlet you represent.
- Your article details (what you will cover, where it will be published and when).
- Which days will attend LEAF Festival.
- Your interest/availability to interview Performing Artists, Staff, Sponsors or Contributors (interviews can take place in the field or Press Lounge above Lakeside Stage). Press Lounge hours will be sent to those that show interest.
- Please copy and paste the following “By submitting this form, I understand that this is not a guarantee of my acceptance or participation as a press representative for the Fall LEAF Festival – October 15 to 18, 2015. I attest that my responses are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Further, I am aware that if approved my failure to deliver on promised editorials, articles, press shots or interviews as stated in this form may result in my exclusion as a press press representative for future LEAF events; the only exception being if I submit a change request in writing by no later than October 1st.“
LEAF Press Invitation - RSVP Form
View the Fall Lineup!
LEAF Fall Festival SWAG*
Visioned by LEAF & Designed by Jenny Greer, SoundMind Creative
Original Mask by Chief Shaka Zulu
Fall Festival – Poster
Fall Festival – Handbill
Fall Festival – Lineup Banner
Fall Festival – Performer Social Image
Fall Festival – Lineup Announcement
Live from Your Neighborhood
Thank You Western NC!
New to LEAF?
Discover More Inside:
Support Our Mission
All hands on deck! Board the LEAF MemberSHIP!
Listen to Our Story
What Do We Be-LEAF?
Check Out LEAF on the air!
February 3, 2015 – The Jeff Messer Show (880 The Revolution)
April 1, 2015 – What’s Your Story? (WPVM – 103.7FM)
August 3, 2015 – Asheville Downtown to Turn Over a New LEAF
Media Requests, Interviews & Photography
Have an interview request, press opportunity or want to get involved as a LEAF Photographer or Videographer? Please be in touch with the LEAF Communications Director, Cortina Jenelle Caldwell for more info. Contact: